Nutritionist / Dietitian
Teach Me To Grow Healthy: Intergenerational Community Garden and Indigenous Foods Program (TMTGH)
POSITION TO BE FILLED OCTOBER 1, 2023
Overview: The Center for Healthy Aging is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to integrating public, private, and philanthropic resources to educate and train caregivers, enhance wellness, and provide models of care that demonstrate efficiencies and cost savings while improving the quality of life for elders. The unique relationships CHA created within our community and partnerships are immeasurable. CHA provides culturally sensitive healthy lifestyle and social services for the local population of Reno, Sparks, and Washoe County.
TMTGH Program Overview: TMTGH Program is a community-oriented, culturally sensitive program that improves the exercise, nutritional support, mental health and holistic care of Indigenous and non-Native older adult and youth communities. We offer gardening and nutrition education to the community throughout the year; emphasizing the importance of nurturing, self-sufficiency and education.
Nutrition/ Dietitian Educator Responsibilities:
- Delivers SNAP-Ed materials: Dig-In! and Seniors Eating Well classes, as well as additional nutrition/specialized education classes relating to indigenous foods.
- Prepares applications for approval of specialized curricula for SNAP-Ed approval.
- Develops and assembles class materials.
- Promotes classes on social media, and in-person outreach (Health fairs, PowWow’s, etc.)
- Works with Program Director and Associate Director to secure locations in the community for classes.
- Administers pre and post-tests, assessing knowledge gain and behavior change.
- Procures food for weekly classes.
- Maintains records related to class attendance; enters data into PEARS and any other reporting required by funders.
- Assists in grant preparation and reporting.
This is a salaried, part-time position and is subject to continued funding. Hours can be flexible except when classes are scheduled. Classes can be held on-line, and/or at the TMTGH Garden in Lemmon Valley, NV, or other locations within the local community. Some Saturday and Evening hours will be required.
Must be a registered dietitian/nutritionist.
Please submit your resume and contact information to schedule an interview: Associate Director Johanna Jenkins, Jjenkins.email@example.com