Updated June 2022
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through CenterForHealthyAgingNV.org to read pages or download information, the site will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit. Your browser software transmits most of this information to us; however, this information does not identify you personally.
We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The numeric IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access the website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the website;
- The date and time you access the website;
- The pages you visit, including graphics loaded from each page and other documents you download, such as PDF (Portable Document Format) files and word processing documents; and
- If you were referred to the website from another site, NeighborNV.org captures the address of the referring website.
- Third Party Services: We may employ indirect collection of information and cookies using third party services including, but not necessarily limited to, Google Analytics. These tools and technologies collect and analyze certain types of information, including cookies* (both first-party and third-party), IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and purchase history, MAC Address, mobile unique device ID, and other similar information. Additionally, we may use Google Analytics demographics and conversion tools. Through these tools and technologies, aggregated and anonymized data related to the demographics and interests of users is collected and utilized to improve our products, services and sites. The Google Analytics data does not contain personally identifiable information (PII) and cannot be associated with a specific user. You may opt out of all Google Analytics data collection by clicking here and following Google’s instructions.
- Donor Information: We also collect and use personal information from donors that includes: name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and donor comments when a donor voluntarily provides it. Though we keep a record of each donor’s giving history on file for IRS purposes, we don’t sell or share any personal information about our donors.
- We will use contact information of donors for these purposes only:
- Thank you emails or letters
- Distribution of receipts
- To share information about fundraising events and other activities
- For internal record-keeping
- To contact about any changes to this policy
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Center for Healthy Aging uses this information to make the site more useful to visitors — to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology visitors use. We do not use information to track or record information about individuals and their visits.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our website, and for our internal analytics, reporting and targeting purposes. Like many organizations, we also collect information through third party cookies and similar technologies, which we use for analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our information campaigns and to evaluate and improve our website and the information it shares. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form, so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information.
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SOLD TO ANYONE?
No personal information is sold. Anonymized data is used for reporting purposes only.
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any information we process, including an SSL certificate, which encrypts all forms submitted on our site. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our website is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly collect data from or communicate with children under 18 years of age. In the event children unknowingly provide information through CenterForHealthyAgingNV.org, it is only used to enable us to respond to the writer and not to create profiles of children.
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. A “cookie” is a small text file that a website can place on your computer’s hard drive in order, for example, to collect information about your activities on the site. The cookie transmits this information back to the website’s computer which, generally speaking, is the only computer that can read it. If you want to know when this happens, or to prevent it from happening, you can set your browser to warn you when a website attempts to place a cookie on your computer. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website.
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date, and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible.
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us at 11 Fillmore Way, Reno, NV, 85919