Elder Gap Services
Through funds from the City of Reno Senior Citizen Advisory Committee and donations from our local community, we have collaborated with Washoe County Senior Services and other providers to provide older adults in our area with a variety of short-term services that help them remain in good health and in the community.
The Elder Gap Fund is dedicated to filling a need in the City of Reno/Sparks and Washoe County, by providing assistance for low income seniors (50+), caregivers, and/or people with disabilities to remain in their homes for as long as possible. The Elder Gap Fund may grant up to a maximum of $250 per individual, unless pre-authorized to exceed this limit by the Center for Healthy Aging.
Funds are available to assist low income seniors, caregivers, and people with disabilities who:
- Wish to remain in their homes to continue independent living in the least restrictive environment or a caregiver is in need of a few hours of respite (escorted transportation, personal care need for a few hours, etc.
- Reside in Reno/Sparks/Washoe County areas
- Are seeking a service or are in need of an item not available due to:
- Gap in service: no other community agency is able to fill need of service or item and have exhausted all other resources available to them
- Lack of resources (income)
- Will be negatively impacted if funding is not received
- Complete the Elder Gap Referral/Application Form and Authorization for Release of Information, then submit both forms.
- The CHA team will review the referral for appropriateness of funding usage (as needed) and respond to each applicant
- Approved applicants will provide invoices (receipt of service/item provided to applicant) to Center for Healthy Aging, which will reimburse funds and/or disburse accordingly.
NOTE: Funds will not be disbursed directly to the person the funds are benefiting
Contact: Marta Malone, 775.848.1260